Thursday, October 7, 2010

Chinese Chicken with Cashew Nuts

Since last week I was lacking a few ingredients of this dish, I made sure that today I was well-prepared. This dish is easy to make (perfect for beginners) and quick (well, there's a 30min. of marinating, but I guess that in cases of sudden starvation you can easily skip this part). Of course I did make the odd variation (I always do, don't I?), I'll tell you while going along with the preparations. Oh, and the baby liked it as well!

The cookbook is: Linda Fraser "The essential chicken cookbook - exciting new ways with a classic ingredient", Lorenz Books, 1998 (recipe on page 88)






Ingredients (serves 4):
4 chicken breasts, about 175gr each, boned, skinned and sliced into stripes (I diced it)
3 garlic cloves, crushed
60ml soy sauce
30ml cornflour (didn't have any, thus no cornflour went into it)
225gr egg noodles (I used rice-noodles)
45ml sunflower oil
15ml sesame oil
115gr roasted cashew nuts (used plain ones, they roast by themselves in the pan)
6 spring onions cut into pieces and halved lengthways (I only used one big one)
spring onion curls and chopped red chili to garnish (nope, baby was eating with me, so no garnish)
I added carrot, thinly sliced with a potato-peeler, cause I like a bit of veggies in my food


Preparations:
1. Mix the chicken, garlic, soy sauce and cornflour (and in my case carrot)  in a bowl. Cover and chill for 30min.
2. Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the noodles. Cook according to package directions, drain well.
3. Heat the oils in a large frying pan and add the chicken-mix and marinade (I added another bit of soy sauce). Stir-fry for about 3-4 min., or until golden brown. 
4. Add the cashew nuts and spring onions to the pan and stir-fry for 2-3 min.
5. Add the drained noodles and stir-fry for a further 2 min. Serve immediately, garnished with spring onion curls and chopped red chili. 

Here's the food!








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Wordpress Theme by wpthemescreator .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .