Friday, October 29, 2010

Gnocchi with Brussels Sprouts, dried Tomatoes and Sage

I saw this recipe on a friend's blog and fell in love with it. Actually, I've discovered my love for Brussels Sprouts recently.....
The "original" recipe is here! As always, I did not stuck to the amounts, but did it by rule of thumb.


For 2:
* one package of Gnocchi (500 gr.)
* 300 gr. Brussels Sprouts
* 50 gr. Pine Nuts (I didn't have any)
* 80 gr. dried tomatoes (drained well from excessive oil)
* fresh sage
* Olive Oil, salt, pepper, nutmeg



Prepare Sprouts (I cut off the "stem" and peel off the dark leaves or the dirty ones). Cut into quarters. Put into boiling salted water and boil for about 5-7 minutes. Take out of water with a slotted spoon so you can use the water to cook the gnocchi. Heat oil in a pan and fry the pine-nuts, then add sprouts, diced tomatoes and sage (leave some leaves for decoration). Salt, pepper and if you like, add nutmeg as well. Cook gnocchi according to package instructions, drain well and add to the pan.  Let "fry" for a couple minutes, serve.




These were the veggies in the pan



Together with the gnocchi it looks a bit chaotic - if you want nice pictures, please go to my friend's blog.



Or do as I did: Cover the mess with a lot of parmesan cheese!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm... that looks delicious!! I am going to try this one!!

Post a Comment

 
Wordpress Theme by wpthemescreator .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .