Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Agnolotti with mushroom-pancetta-filling

First of all, I don't even know if I made real "Agnolotti". I cannot even tell the difference between the various types of filled pasta and I guess there isn't even a real difference. So, basically I made fresh pasta from scratch with a mushroom-pancetta filling and a creamy mushroom sauce and it was awesome. We had those in a restaurant while on holidays, and my dear sweet beloved man told me that I could never make something so delicious. Well, I proved him wrong. The following recipe is for 3 good eaters or 4 normal eaters. If you're saying you're a normal eater, but a salad fills you up, then maybe you can consider 6-8 servings :-)


Pasta Dough
400gr flower
4 eggs
salt
olive-oil






Make a mountain of flower and then a volcano in the middle. Put eggs into volcano. Add a bit of salt and a spoon of olive-oil.







Now, the original recipe says: "Now stir the eggs until they are well mixed, then slowly stir more and more of the flower into the egg mixture, then knead with hands until you have a smooth dough."

What I did was: Start stirring eggs. Ignore breaking of volcano. Try to keep eggs from flowing everywhere. Scratch eggs and flowers from table while trying to knead. Scream a bit. Try stopping baby from putting eggy flower-mush into mouth. Scream some more. Try stopping dog from walking through egg that has dropped to the floor. Knead. Knead. Knead.



The recipe calls for 15min. of kneading the dough, I was exhausted after 12 and decided that it was enough. Cover ball of dough with cling-film and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.






Filling
Pancetta
Mushrooms (I think that boletus / porcini would be best, but I used simple white mushrooms)
parsley
garlic
spices as you like
parmesan cheese




Cut meat into small cubes and fry in olive-oil with 2/3 of the chopped mushrooms and some garlic. If you want to, you can add some white wine and let it simmer for a bit, but a bit of water will do.











Take lots of parsley, and blend together with the pancetta-mix. Add a bit of water if too dry, and add some grated parmesan cheese. Add other spices as you like, but the pancetta should be salty enough, so I'd recommend not to add any salt. The mixture shouldn't be too dry, but neither "slimy".














Filling the Agnolotti





The dough needs to be rolled out very very thin on a flowered surface- I use a pasta machine for this, I have no strength and patience to do this manually.




Put small blobs of filling on dough, cover with a second layer, press firmly down and then cut into squares. I used one of those cookie/pasta-rollers. Make sure you're putting unflowered side on unflowered side, otherwise the two layers of dough will not stick together. The agnolotti will be cooked in lots of boiling saltwater, usually they're done when they swim on the surface of the water, but you should try one as cooking times depend on thickness of dough, size of agnolotto, ecc. Drain and serve.






Sauce



Fry the remaining mushrooms in olive-oil, add cream and milk and bring to a boil. Add salt and other spices if needed.







Put a bit of sauce on a plate, place agnolotti on sauce and top with grated parmesan cheese. Done. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Wordpress Theme by wpthemescreator .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .