Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Soup with Minced-Meat, Leek, Cream Cheese and Potatoes

This is one of my favorite soups or stews!! I used to make it with one of those package-mixes until I decided that I did not need them anymore.

Ingredients:
450gr minced meat (beef)
4 leeks
about 1,2 - 1,5 l boiling water + broth/stock-cubes
400gr cream-cheese (a little less might do as well)
potatoes

Preparation:
Prepare the leek, cut into small pieces and wash. Fry minced meat in a bit of oil and add the leek, fry for another couple minutes. Add about 1,2 l boiling water and the amount of stock-cubes needed or the amount needed to satisfy your salt-taste-buds. Peel potatoes, cut into small pieces and throw in as well, let boil until the potatoes are cooked (you might need to add some more water). Add cream-cheese and stir in well.

You might want to cook the potatoes separately, the original recipe is without them. I think the soup would go great with rice or bread as well. I just added the potatoes to save on time and pots :-). Feel free to add more spices or salt.

I'm sorry that the picture does not look very inviting, but I assure you that the taste is fine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Wordpress Theme by wpthemescreator .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .