Sunday, September 19, 2010

Introducing: CBC, the Cook-Book-Choice

I have an awful lot of cook-books. I adore cook-books, especially the shiny ones with intriguing titles and lots of pictures with incredibly delicious dishes. I have books on Cakes Muffins Cookies Bread Pasta Chicken Fish Vegetarian Mexican Indian Chinese Italian Traditional German Antipasti Desserts Regional National International - You name it, I got it!

Do I use those books? Do I cook regular meals from them? Do they actually show any signs of usage or even wear? No, dear reader, the answer to all those questions is: NO, simple as that (except for muffins and cakes!). Those books are mere decoration and dust-catchers, and our meals are more or less the same every week. The adorable man at my side is very very fussy and could live on steak and Pasta, so I tend to cook quick and easy dishes (having a dog a baby a job does not help a lot in terms of dedicating time and mind to elaborate cooking).

So, I told myself I had two choices: Throw them all out or use them. And I came up with the perfect answer: I will cook 1-2 new meals a week from those books. Thus, I learn new recipes, we will eat different food, and the books finally meet their rightful destination. The idea is to let him choose one weekly meal and to have another - exotic - one on Thursdays all for myself, while he is out running after a ball.

He found the idea great and choose his first meal carefully: Orechiette Maggioline, which I will feature in next weeks' meal-plan (18-24 sept.!).

So, CBC, the Cook-Book-Choice, here we come!!! I just love my own idea!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Wordpress Theme by wpthemescreator .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .